Thread: Promoting Ogre
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 09:36 PM   #3
Buzzardo

Default Re: Promoting Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
Reading the forum on the Stakeholder report, it's apparent that SJGs can do a better job in communicating with the gaming world. So I'd like to examine that a bit. I know a number of changes are already occurring to improve this from a compay-wide perspective, but I want to know how should we do this for Ogre? So with that in mind, I'd like to open up the forum to an evaluation as to our communication on Ogre. I can't properly advance the game if I don't know what matters to you.- Other than the forums, how do you learn about Ogre?
Sometimes through the Ogre community on Google Plus.
Quote:
- Other than the forums, how would you prefer to hear about Ogre?
I'd like to see an official presence on Google Plus.
Quote:
- Are you subscribed to our mailing list? If not, why not? (Click "Join Group" in that link!)
Too late. I done joined.
Quote:
- (Knowing that I'm preaching to the choir): What will encourage you to support Ogre in the future?
Maps and scenarios for sure, maybe units (but see below).
Quote:
- What am I/are we doing right?
Keeping Ogre going.
Quote:
- What am I/are we doing wrong? Follow-up question: What should we change to improve this?
We're gaining too much complexity. I'm not a fan of the units beyond the first edition of the game. I don't like that the SHVY falls in an odd spot on the CRT (no unit has attack 5). I don't like cruise missiles, due to the huge damage and the umpteen rolls to shoot them down. I don't use LTs or LGEVs. Also, I don't like that stacking and the ramming and overrun rules differ between the brown map and the green map. It's the same fictional universe, so it doesn't make sense to me that the two maps have different rules. It'd take a major rules rewrite to fix my issues, and I don't expect that.
Quote:
Any other comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
More maps for the GEV part of the game. :)

-----------------------------------

Don't take my quibbles too seriously. It's still a good game. It does need more green maps, though. :)

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote