View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 11:27 PM   #4
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: [Monster Hunter] I Need Help With Character Generation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautilust View Post
I tried making a character using the Gunman Template and Avenger Lense and i felt like either my skills too focused or too spread out. Plus ST was too low, and i had a few other problems. Like I'd like to have Gunslinger, and or Combat Reflexes but didn't have enough points after adding Imbue 3(With the Magical Modifier).
Yeah, I'm afraid you might be getting over-ambitious here. On a 250-point budget, being really good at mundane guns and knives and raw ST and Imbuements is pretty tricky. Could you stand to just go for Imbue 2 imbuements for right now? That might actually be doable. Also, for Gunslinger, do you want to be that good with all guns (including things like flamethrowers, water guns, and exotic laser guns)? Or would narrowing it down work for you, something like "pistols and rifles only"? Because, if so, you might want to ask your GM if they'll allow some limitations from GURPS Gun-Fu that do just that.

One other thing to note is that all the Sidekicks templates are built with the assumption that you'll only take -35 points of disadvantages, not the -50 you said you had. So if you take those, you've got an extra 15 points to spend too.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote