View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 09:35 PM   #8
woweed

Default Re: A game premise i'm thinking of

OK, I think i've thought of a good plot hook for the game i'm planning. Namely, Kobal's joke isn't over. Far from it. His and Hag's Redemption was just the first step. The set-up. The punchline is coming soon. It's been two years since Jordi Fell, something which throws quite a monkey wrench in Kobal's plans, but also, in many ways, makes it easier. Jordi had been tethering on the edge of the chasm for years, and everyone knows that. Kobal may have been an Angel now,but he was comedian at heart, and one talent that gave him was the ability to read a person, analyze their weaknesses, their insecurities, just the right thread to pull and unravel their sanity, or reassure them that things weren't that bad. In retrospect, Kobal could see Hell's weakness: Denial. That was their whole thing. Denying the truth, rejecting God and continuing to reject him no matter what the facts said. To get a Demon to Redeem, Prince or not, you had to force them to accept The Truth. Accept that they had made a mistake in rejecting God. Kobal wasn't one much for revenge, but he still had a bigger plan and, whit Hell having converted a major Archangel to their side, that plan was bets put into place now sooner then later. Time to go for the Hat Trick. One Demon Prince Redeemed was a miracle, two was an encore, but three would be a tipping point. if his plan worked, it might tip the scales over to Heaven permanently. All he had to do was find the right Prince to redeem. He needed a major one, someone who he'd interacted with a lot, and someone whose doubts could be easily played on. Someone whose sphere of influence was needed in Heaven. He looked at Dominic's Inquisition-like brutality, Micheal and Yves' infighting. This place needed some Love, Then it hit him. Love. Yet another Shal-Mari Prince, Kobal had interacted with Andrealphus, and he had learned of the Prince's sorrow. He threw himself into carnal pleasure to ignore the pain he felt, the shame at abandoning the word of Love. Kobal picked through Yves' archives, searching for something to bring Andrealphus back, and found, hidden deep: Eroites, Angel of Love-At-First-Sight. He had been Andre's most treasured son, one of the greatest Servitors of Love. However, shortly after Beladine and Beleth's love fell apart, one of Lucifer's servants, one who would, in another world, have become his most trusted general, forged a weapon, a weapon so powerful it could not only kill Angels, but kill them at the core, eliminating their Word from reality. The demon took aim and fired. Love At First Sight not only died, he had never existed. No one, not even his maker, could remember him, and, torn apart by yearning emptiness, Andre, for reasons he would never know, killed the Demon who killed his son, destroyed his spear...and Fell. Andre rejected love, out of fear of getting hurt once more. Now, Kobal would have to convince him to face love again. No Angel could pull this off. Kobal would need a mortal...

Last edited by woweed; 04-27-2018 at 01:56 PM.
woweed is offline   Reply With Quote