View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #38
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)
Default Re: Pyramid #3/60: Dungeon Fantasy III

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
I have to agree. In this one specific case, call it a special effect. The alternative would be to come up with a "crushing version" of the Thrusting Blade enhancement, but that's too much work for one specific edge case. Please trust that the amount you're paying for the Halberd (7 points with the AA discount!) justifies this modest benefit.
In fact, a thrusting blade equivalent enhancement would have probably ended up costing less than the alternate attack route.

Personally, I created the Weapons of Pure Magic because I like the visuals, not because they are actually a good option most of the time. Mystic Knights lose access to much more than just the points spent in the Imbue advantage, they also lose the points invested in Imbuement Skills. It's an emergency option, something for when they are disarmed or they could not bring in the weapons.
Quote:
Eh, I'll take at least a third of it. I'm the guy whose job it is to make sure that Pyramid articles stay within the RAW.
It still shames me. I should have not let it happen.

As a sidenote, too bad that your Mighty Blow imbuement Skill didn't make it in the issue. It's still a good skill, and I hope you manage to put it in print at some point of the future.
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote