View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 03:29 PM   #8
chris the cynic

Default Re: Things to do in Heaven when you're dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillionSix
Michael: Um, I've met him. We had one on one conversations back in the old days, back when we were all creating things.
Athiest: No, you didn't.
Michael: Um, yes. I am a Seraph and can't lie. In fact, it's impossible for anyone to lie in Heaven. There are people here who have actual memories of God, and can tell you all about Him.
Athiest: Well, they are delusional. They remember things wrong, because they are stupid. I am smart and they are stupid.
Michael: Look. I am speaking the angelic language. You can hear the truth of my words, so listen: God. Is. Real.... I. Have. Met. Him....
Athiest: LALALALALAICAN'THEARYOULALALALA!!!!!
Would you put that past some people?

Remember, a total inability to accept reality does not prevent one from being either noble or selfless so someone who can't accept reality could get into IN Heaven (or actual Heaven if my beliefs are right.)

Besides that the arguments against God could still apply in a Heaven where God was lacking. There are a lot of atheists around who do not claim that people who claim to have met God are being dishonest, they claim they're delusional. So they get to Heaven and there's no God in evidence, just things that say they've met God. What would the staunch atheist think?

Why not, "If Gabriel can be unhinged Michael can be too"?
If presented with the conversation you gave why not, "I never accused you of lying; the fact you thought I did just serves as evidence for you being delusional."

If you think about it in IN Heaven the only evidence for God would be the memories of some, the testimony of many, and that which he is said to have created.

On Earth, right here and now, the evidence for God is the memories of some, the testimony of many, and that which he is said to have created.

Many of the same arguments could apply.

I never thought about it before, but it suddenly seems like it would be very hard to convince an Atheist in IN Heaven that there is a God. Especially when you've got the pagan "gods" providing plausible seeming alternatives ... er, heresies.

Why not assign unfavored servitors the duty of convincing them there is a God?
chris the cynic is offline   Reply With Quote