View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 09:34 AM   #3
userpay

Default Re: Monster Hunter (video game) Style Character?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
Ok! This is up my alley. I love the series and even created a MH template! Buuut I think I deleted it a long time ago.

First, You don't really need to have crazy high stats, I managed to recreate a few wyverns for a game a couple of years ago (yian Kut-ku) and didn't need to give it ST in the hundreds. So a character can have ST between 10-20 and still work. Depending on the weapon.

The perk is called "Huge Weapons" and two different version can be taken twice, they can be found in Power-Ups 2 pdf. Take both twice.

The falling thing I would leave out, BUT! take Cat fall advantage to actually help and a level or 2 of super jump as well (Vertical only).

You could and maybe should take Giantism.

In the game you never craft anything, you give the material to someone else to craft for you, that gives a reason to take an ally!

Super climbing advantage is a must! You can also give the the climbing line perk and swinging perk and Brachiator advantage.

High HT and maybe a few levels of DR with tough skin is good too, as well as Fit! (very Fit!)

There are rules for creating oversized weapons in Low Tech companion 2.
Excellent! I will look into those if I've got the books or perhaps ask around the game group to see if someone has them.

On crafting however it's true you don't craft the weapons and armor yourself but ammo and supplies are. Especially ammo.
userpay is offline   Reply With Quote