View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #10
Icelander

Default Re: How does a Jet work ?

I want to create a version of the [name] Jet spells that is composed of pure magical force. Ideally, it would be able to parry enemy attacks (by briefly becoming more substantial), but enemies still could not parry it.

I'm using the Modifiers rules for Innate Attack to ballpark the power level and I plan to either include extra limitations to bring it in line with Flame Jet et al or to increase the cost per dice, if necessary. At any rate, before I decide how much damage per 1 FP buys, I want to know how much more expensive such an Innate Attack would be than the one that forms the basis for the other Jet spells.

If it was a Melee Attack, I could simply remove the -5% for Cannot Parry, but Jet is noted as specifically incompatible with the Melee Attac limitation. Is the 'Cannot Parry' part of it effectively an independent limitation and I can remove it from Jet without compunction, or would the ability to be able to Parry while your opponent cannot parry your weapon be worth much more than +5%?

Also, I was wondering about Jets that destroyed enemy weapons, instead of being simply impervious to Parries. There is an enchancement for Melee Weapon that does that, but I cannot legally use it for Jets. Is it kosher to use the same value with Jet?