View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 09:05 PM   #60
Ternas

Default Re: Designer's Notes for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG bonus content

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
I enjoy breaking stereotypes, including the ideas that half-ogres are uncouth rabble and that all fantasy women must be supermodels who rely on "waif fu" rather than brute strength. Amira is a genuinely good person whose biggest character flaws come from her cloistered upbringing.
. . .
(Her pie-in-the-sky dream armor would be fine, Dwarven, epic plate with Fortify +2 and Lighten 50%. It's +4 DR at the same weight . . . but at $182,000, that won't be happening anytime soon.)
Personally I love the "monster" races more than I enjoy the others (personal exception being the Half-Elves). Given a choice, I'd be more than happy to take a Kobold (Banestorm) Rogue (Pyramid 3-64) through a Dungeon Fantasy campain, or convert over an Ibixian/Goattaur from some other games for a Barbarian instead of a Faun. Heckfire, I stated out a complete homebrew bipedal rat race for DF complete with power-ups. The one thing that I have learned through fantasy novels, especially care of Granny Weatherwax, is that good doesn't have to be nice and good doesn't have to be soft either.

But for Martial Artists, I think I'd probably prefer to grab an Atlas/Orion (depending on which supplement you're using) amulet first off if you can somehow get one in the new DF:RPG. I learned quickly that if you can, you might as well grab an amulet that passively quadruples your basic lift for purposes of encumbrance for only $5k. Never have to worry about those encumbrance penalties screwing with your martial arts again until you hit a NMZ and by that point your lighten spells are useless anyhow.
Ternas is offline   Reply With Quote