View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:18 AM   #1
tremorlaine

Default Life-Draining (Monster Enhancers) question

In a truly whacked game of Munchkin tonight was ran into a little bit of a game-stopper.

One of the players decided he wanted to die. During his turn he played Bullrog (won't chase lvl 4 or below) and Life-Draining (if you lose the monster returns along with the next card during the Kick Down the Door phase. The player died and since everyone except for one player was below lvl 5 the Bullrog wouldn't chase the rest of us. Needless to say this card combo went around and around the table for a good 10 cycles if not more and all but one of us was willing to call a draw because of the extended nothingness.

During this time a couple issues arose.

a) Do you still Kick Down a Door card as usual along with the Bullrog?

b) If a monster is flipped the player now has to fight both the Bullrog and the other monster?

c) If a non-monster/non-curse is drawn that card still goes to the player's hand even if it is a Monster Enhancer or such other combat card?

d) If a player, in a fit of pure sadism, decided to Mate the enhanced Bullrog does both the Bullrog and it's Mate keep returning?

e) If another player plays one of the enhance and enhancer cards does the added bonus/treasures keep returning as well?

f) If so and I finally draw the Friendly card do I really get 18 treasures? (that was the tally at the time of me playing it)

As you can tell we ruled yes in all of those instances. Needless to say I went from a lvl 1 nobody to a lvl 7 (combat lvl 21) somebody just to have me lose it all on the very next players turn when I got King Tut'd. Alas, I still won by way of Divine Intervention. Needless to say a very interesting evening that took 4 hours to play.

Last edited by tremorlaine; 02-18-2013 at 12:43 AM. Reason: fixed typos
tremorlaine is offline   Reply With Quote