View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 03:44 PM   #1
Dejavroom

Default Creating Improvised Post Apocalyptic Guns (Steampunk Post Apocalyptic Game)

So I'm pretty well versed now In Gurps. I've been running this singular campaign for about 6 months now with little to no hitches in regards to balance with weaponry. Using the supplement "High Tech" book for Tier 5 and 6 weaponry I've got by just fine.

However I want to change things and upgrade my NPC raiders with more.. Homemade weapons. However I've never tackled any custom weaponry aside from Innate Attacks.

I'm worried about balance, Especially when it comes to scrounging for ammo using rules and the scrounging table from "After the end" And creating a threatening weapon but keeping it low power. I was wondering, Are Gurps damage values taken from the real world bullet's damage? Does it incorporate barrel length for pressure building up to increase velocity?

All these things I've been stumped with and was wondering if anyone had any advice for creating guns. I'm specifically going for the whole "Fallout" style improvised "pipe" weaponry. Utilising existing ammunition in the "High Tech" supplement like 9x19, .32 etc..

Not only are these story appropriate for me, I feel like they will give my PCs reason to spend time investing in their own improvised weaponry.

Any advice would be great!
Dejavroom is offline   Reply With Quote