View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #36
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: Power-Ups for RPM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosforontu View Post
Yeah it was our expectations that the skill bumps from the advantage was almost a side note to the value of having magic stuff still working when normally it wouldnt.
Yeah, and there is nothing wrong with that. But bonuses to Path skills are huge in RPM, even a +1 bonus.

Quote:
This is something I am definately going to have to play around with a bit, maybe stat out a few different power path options with it.
I had a player who had a character with it, though he blew himself up and died two sessions in. Lots of 18s back to back.

Quote:
Thanks, it was essentially a campaign world that was high in supernatural content but with fairly low magic (salt water was a low mana zone, the deep ocean was a no mana zone etc). The idea was that every 5 centuries or so the dominant Supernatural template of the world would rise and fall only to be displaced by the next template.

The characters were fledgling Noble Dead which 13 years ago was the dominant template which had been overran by the "Dawnbringer" essentially a vampire esque fantasy game only with the characters playing for the loosing side and that most of the time Animate Dead rather than Noble Dead would be created (character must critically succeed on an average of HT/Will roll to become Noble Dead), and a campaign assumption that all starting characters had critted.

The other assumption was that Undeath took 13 years to process because that was the length of time for the very first Undead character to be raised in that game verse.
Sounds like a book I read once, but alas we are derailing the thread. So no more of this I think. :-)

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote