View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 07:26 PM   #109
hal

Default Re: 25% of Starting Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
No, but a child does have to do something to get that Strength increase from the GM: age. This is usually pretty easy to do...
In an era where for every two children born, one would die before reaching the age of 15 - aging can be a problem for some. ;)

If you ever want to have a sobering thought or ten? Visit some of the older cemeteries. My wife enjoys the hike for Watkins Glen, and always spends time at the cemetery by the Indian Trail. One of the grave markers looks like a miniature DC Monument. On its four sides, are multiple names of children. I don't believe even one of them made it past 15, and all died within a matter of years of each other, some the same year.

Again, something that our generation of people have not had to endure thanks to not only reliable food production, but also medical science. Hell, I'm lucky I survived when I was born - as I was an RH baby, born 5th of five. But not for total blood transfusion when I was born, something that was lacking prior to the 20th century - I too would have perished before my first month's existence.

On that note... simply aging was not so simple sometimes. ;)
hal is offline   Reply With Quote