View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 02:55 PM   #108
Alden Loveshade

Default Re: 25% of Starting Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
Because players can have characters who become parents. Because children can become player characters if enough campaign time passes. Sons of nobles can become squires. Twins born of player characters can be destined to be mages, etc.

In addition, npcs are essentially player characters run by the GM, especially if they have to be built and maintained as allies or enemies.
Agree with all the above. I had a player who wanted to play the daughter of her and another's PC as her new PC (it was an SF game, and the PCs had jumped forward about a decade in time, meaning the left-behind NPC preschool daughter had grown up to be a teenager). I've played GURPS long enough I've played more than one offspring of one of my PCs, even on Yrth (18 of our world's years later).

I design my significant NPCs like I do my PCs. I even liked an NPC so much I asked and got permission from a GM to make it my PC.

EDIT: Loling with Stormcrow and RyanW

Last edited by Alden Loveshade; 03-17-2018 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Loling
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote