View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 12:18 PM   #7
kdtipa

Default Re: Invoking Limitations

I just mean that if "super" is the only power source, it's a campaign feature, not something characters should get points back for. Whether or not there are things that can resist or shut down a super power is up to the GM at that point.

I'm also not a big fan of the power sources in general. It feels like the kind of thing that leads to Players vs GM very easily. It's one of the things that happened when I ran a high point campaign a long time ago. The characters were so powerful that really nothing was a challenge, and to challenge them I would find things to negate their abilities. Those are the things the players paid points for... negating those abilities so that their characters have a challenge is a broken way to do things that feels antagonistic to me.

So, having an official way in the rules for GMs to screw over the characters feels weird to me. And seeing it used to make abilities cheaper feels wrong to me too. The only way for those points to mean anything is if the GM specifically does something to screw over the characters.

Maybe there's a gray area in the middle I'm not seeing... I just don't like it.
kdtipa is offline   Reply With Quote