View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 10:53 AM   #4
tbeard1999

Default Re: The Obligatory “How Did You Get Started in TFT” Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecz View Post
well, here in Sicily in early 80' there was no chance to even hear about TFT.

A friend of mine, an Italian-American that was born in NY, returned home with his family here in Italy carring the orginal game and a few gamettes (death test and others). About in 1985 he started a TFT CG with a few friends in my town. Later I met that group and, as a virus, in a few years, about in 1987-1989 almost 30 persons - in different groups- played regularly TFT.
Note that at that time D&D still was mostly unknown and nobody in our town, AFIK, played it.

BTW this Italian-American guy carried also the first AH games ever seen in Sicily; this started an avalanche. We began our golden age of wargaming.

It's safe to say that the start of quality roleplaying and wargaming here in Sicily is due to a single person, a boy 15 or 16 yo, carrying his games from the US.
That’s a cool story. Similar to the story of the classic wargame The Russian Campaign. Avalon Hill games were very expensive to import into Australia, so an enterprising wargamer decided to write his own version of Stalingrad. His version was so good that Avalon Hill bought it and published it in the US.

Last edited by tbeard1999; 03-10-2018 at 11:50 AM.
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote