View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 01:03 AM   #7
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Atlantean sword argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrValkyr View Post
The line editor's response makes no sense.
I disagree (obviously) but let's work through it.

Quote:
The cards bad stuff is that an amount of items has to be lost in order to equal a certain coin amount. which means that to lose a sword that can't be lost as bad stuff is a proxy result no different than losing an item to death because you lost everything as a proxy result of a bad stuff.
I'm not sure what you mean by "proxy" here. The card says it can't be lost to Bad Stuff; that seems pretty clear to me.

Quote:
This precedence would also change multiple applications in the game. if there was a bad stuff or curse that requires you to change your board with another player you would argue that that item is safe from that change.
Yes, I would. That would could as "losing" the card.

Quote:
if you had to give up 500 coins worth of items and you only had two items you would be forced to give away the item that didn't have the protection of bad stuff, what if you wanted to give the sword away and an opposing player would say no you have to give the other item away because that one is protected from bad stuff. This essentially creates a scenario where you don't have control of your items.
I don't see the problem. You can't lose the protected card, so you have to lose the other one. That's not a case of "losing control of your Items," it's just how the rule on the card works.

Quote:
Even in death. if death is a result of bad stuff or a curse the item is protected ... You cannot set a precedence like that.
It's the what the rule on the card says. Munchkin is a name of exceptions and this is one of them.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote