View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 08:56 AM   #7
Langy

Default Re: Blunt Trauma and Skulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobmuller View Post
This is probably another of my dumb questions but the answer ain't popped into my head yet (oh, found half of it on a re-read:)
Target falls onto his skull. His helmet is DR16 and he suffers 15 damage from the fall. That's 3 points of Blunt Trauma. His innate skull DR stops 2 points. Am I wrong to apply the Brain injury wound multiplier to the remaining damage? (B399 "Exception: None of these effects apply to toxic damage.")

If he has an armoured skull, DR16, that would be innate DR and block all damage, yes?
Innate DR doesn't block blunt trauma (from falls, anyways - if it isn't flexible/tough skin it still blocks normal blunt trauma, though not in a 1-to-1 fashion).

If the target has a DR16 non-flexible helmet and a DR 2 skull and he took 15 damage from the fall, he'd suffer 3 points of Blunt Trauma injury.

On the other hand, if he was shot in the head for 15 damage, he wouldn't be injured at all. However, if he had 14 flexible DR and his normal 2 skull DR and was shot in the head for 15 points of damage, he would suffer only 2 points of blunt trauma injury (2 points of damage would be canceled by his non-flexible skull DR, leaving 13 points of damage, and the blunt trauma damage would be 13/5 round down, or 2).
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote