View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 04:03 PM   #7
acmegamer

Default Re: Will, what is it good for, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
I think the complaint here is that Barbarians, Knights, and Scouts all have abilities that can go higher than normal maximums that fit directly into their 'main line purpose". Barbarians especially.

Bards, Clerics, Druids*, Holy Warriors*, Martial Artists, Swashbucklers, and Wizards do not.

I have toyed with making Bards Charisma casters†, Druids Animal Empathy and Green Thumb casters†, Clerics and HW Will casters†, allowing Wizard Magery to go to +12, uncapping Chi Talent and letting Thief's and Swashbuckler's DX‡ to go to 25.

* Arguably Druid's FP and HW's Will going above regular maximum is parallel to their mainline activities, so I'm almost tempted to add them into the first category.

Funny that Wizard does not go to 25 in IQ and Thief in DX, that is how it runs in DF.

† In that those Talents would add directly to their casting and magical powers, in the case of Cleric and HW they would use Will instead of IQ.

‡ Or at least giving them a 'class' talent to better boost their respective niche skills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Why must they be fanatical? Sure a high Will means they won't be swayed from their own god, but what if they are a Cleric of Lebowski? The Dude doesn't strike me as focused or even dedicated to anything in particular.
I think you need to take a closer look at The Dude. He definitely had a certain inflexibility or Will about him even if he did dress it in a casual Baja Pullover with White Russian in hand attitude.
acmegamer is offline   Reply With Quote