View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 01:43 AM   #3
Joe

Default Re: Will, what is it good for, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Žorkell View Post
I see very little that Will is used for (apart from things that are useful to everybody).
Will is my favorite secondary characteristic! (suck it, Per...)

The following probably isn't a very helpful comment, give your parenthesis up there, but I tend to think that that the best uses of Will are the things that are useful for everybody.
  • Being ridiculously good at Intimidation is always nice. Especially if that 5-pt talent also covers other useful skills, plus all the following:
  • Fright checks are pretty common in my games; when GMing I also tend to call for Will rolls in other trying circumstances on a fairly regular basis. Of course this may or may not be the case in your campaign.
  • Having amazing resistance to all sorts of spells, magical effects, etc, can also be pretty great, under the right circumstances. I think the rule of 16 makes really high Will even more attractive, at least to a certain point, since you can virtually guarantee you'll resist, even when the rest of the team is bound to fail, which can be real lifesaver for the whole team. Again, of course this depends on what your GM is throwing at you.

Anyway, it's only 5 pts a level, and I tend to think that you get quite a lot for that price. Though, yes, as you say, everyone can benefit from high Will - Clerics don't seem to get that much extra out of it. But do they need to? It already covers so much...

Last edited by Joe; 05-26-2019 at 04:22 AM.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote