View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 07:44 AM   #13
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: [TG] A grapple is mutual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
Wait what? Citation please?
Aw poop. I think that was maybe in an original draft.

Nope: it's learning that I put into Dungeon Grappling, my grappling book for That Other Game.

"COUNTER-GRAPPLING. You can always attempt to grab a foe back. Attack normally, and if you hit roll for CP—though both the hit roll and the damage roll may be penalized due to the grapple that’s on you! You may apply that damage either to put CP on your opponent, or to reduce the CP your opponent has on you. You may freely allocate control between increasing the CP on the foe and reducing CP applied by foes on the grappler making the attack roll."

Dungeon Grappling, p. 24

Right now in the book, you have to choose, and if you attack to break free and then overachieve control, you can claim a grapple equal to half the value of your excess CP.

I can't even look at that sentence anymore - it's a case of needless complication.

House Rule Proposed by Author: Attack, if successful roll CP. Allocate as you like between "more grabbing" and "less grabbing for the other guy." Anything more complicated is harder to remember than it needs to be, and is double taxation. You've already overcome the foe's grapple and associated DX penalties.

Last edited by DouglasCole; 01-12-2018 at 07:56 AM.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote