View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 04:30 AM   #6
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Advantage that triggers save or die roll after use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
Heart Attack alone allows for resuscitation. Add a +300% to the Heart Attack to say "Nope, no resuscitation, you just stop existing."
I don't think I'd make it a full +300% more to go from "die quickly without specialized medical treatment" to "just die". I'd probably peg it at +100% instead.

So, Kfireblade, your basic "Instant death" effect would be +400% here. Convert that to a limitation, and halve it to give it an HT roll to resist. Since you want it to only kick in after you've used the power, you can steal a page from the Aftermath limitation (Power-Ups: Limitations p. 11), and halve the value again. Now, normally, Aftermath has all the consequences of the limitation happen all at once. With Backlash, the "consequences" are normally multiple rolls to resist the condition, so you could do it as just that: make 1 roll to resist dying for every minute you had the ability active for. But that's a lot of rolls, so I suggest instead making it just one roll, with a -2 penalty for each full minute you had it active.

So, as a -100% limitation, after finishing using the ability, you have to make a HT roll, at -2 per full minute you used the ability, or disintegrate.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote