View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #44
Icelander

Default Re: GURPS Assassin's Creed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosignol View Post
Enemy: street performers. :>

If your player is a fan of the game, he'll get the joke (and probably try to buy it off ASAP).
The setting does rather demand that there is some causal chain behind events. So, being hated by all street performers might be valid as a supernatural curse*, but I can't just throw it in without a reason.

Interestingly, though, the character is cursed. Whenever he uses magic to conceal himself or alter his appearance within a 100 miles of his home city**, orchestral music will sound and a disembodied hand will point at him while a exasperated voice exclaims: "Spy! Eavesdropper! Dissembler! Busybody! Pervert! Peeping Tom! Rogue! Blackguard!" and other things of a similar nature.

You see, he was shadowing certain girl for a jealous suitor when a gentleman caller who met with her turned out to be Alcides von Tighe, Archmage of the City. Our good Archmage did not take kindly to having his tête-à-tête spied upon.

I didn't give any points for it beyond noting the Archmage down as a Watcher-Enemy who doesn't give him much thought (6 or lower). I figured that the character would simply avoid that area of the campaign world.

On the other hand, it is a significant part of the world and the other PCs often go there.

Should it be worth some negative points to be pretty ineffective at your chosen pursuit in a large part of the campaign world?

*Though an awesomely powerful one.
**And the location of all his Contacts and Allies.