View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 03:49 AM   #27
Tomsdad

Default Re: Buried alive - Need Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudmo View Post
The Shape Earth vs Earth to Air issue depends greatly on wether the GM allows the target of shape stone to shift from one cy to another cy.

If not (As might be in this case) this means 1 casting per minute, the GM in question might take delight in critical failures (part of the reason why we're there in the first place) and as such this might not be a good idea.

These spiders are the Acid Spiders from Dungeon Fantasy Monsters except these have Armor Piercing bite (3) which makes them extremely deadly.

Their numbers (300+) and their size (SM +0) plus their long legs as per monster description makes any running next to impossible.

Still many constructive ideas here, tonight is the night :D
I agree with Daigoro, the text in the spell talks about moving stone around to try and cover targets etc to me that infers you can shape and move this stone to flow around and through the intervening space.

So I think it would be reasonable to say you can move stone from one area to another and have the party in the intervening space. Now you'll have to create an initial area to be your dump space to do that (with Stone to Air). But once you've done that I think you should be able to have a bubble of space the party occupies that is moved forward by taking stone from the front and adding it to the back.

You'll need to refresh the air of course (and you need to take the barbarian with you).

Now weather your GM agrees is another matter of course!

As to running and acid spiders, the SM+2 ones are Mv9 or super jump 10 yards, so yeah I wouldn't fancy trying to beat one in a race, but if you're trying to cut down on your magic mining time, i'd think getting out the immediate vicinity sneaking a bit you should have enough of a head start if it comes to a mad dash. (worst case scenario is to bury yourself again I guess)

They have a perception of 12 , 360 and infra vision so yeah that's pretty good for spotting your heat signatures in a cold cavern. But a bit of distance and the range penalties will kick in.

What might help is they only have infravision so when you do come up int the cavern away from the grouped, waiting spiders you could maybe create intervening rock formations that will mask your heat signatures. What's the cavern like does it have rock formations in it or is completely empty and open?

Maybe you can spoof them by creating a heat signature away from you, they are IQ5 and "wild animal" afterall. Now I'm not very good on GURPS spells so you may not being able to create fires far away enough from you to do that.

But what's the entrance you came through like, can you seal it up behind quickly if you need to?

Anyway good luck, and let us know how it works out!

Last edited by Tomsdad; 03-07-2018 at 04:24 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote