View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 08:17 AM   #5
hal

Default Re: 10mm stingray round - how does it work?

Thanks for the confirmation guys.

I would have thought that in the space of 1 second, two semi-automatic rounds fired together would be combined as one "follow up" attack roll instead of two. The reason?

The target of the attack having to make a single roll at HT-2 with a HT of 12, has a 50/50 chance of succeeding.

The odds of failing one attack out of two is higher. Statistically speaking:

The odds of a success become .625 x .625 (because BOTH rolls have to be successful to avoid being stunned, not one single roll). This works out to a 39.07% chance of success that the target of two bullets striking in one second will avoid being stunned.

Statistically? What would have been (my interpretation of the rules) a 50% chance of success (HT-2) becomes instead (functionally speaking) the equivalent of a HT-3 roll.

But hey, I can live with that. **evil grin**

It will be my players who have to deal with that issue. Imagine a submachinegun filled with these rounds, firing at a RoF 7 (for example) and hitting with four rounds against someone in body armor. The body armor for all intents and purposes will stop all damage (as the DR will be multiplied by 4 vs damage that is halved). But the Armor itself will only have a DR of 1 against the burning electricity damage, and each one that does damage will cause the target to have to make a HT saving roll versus each and every round that hits. Four rolls against HT or HT-1 (at best) will result in (for a HT 12 character) a modified chance of only 15% chance of not being stunned. Four rolls against HT where a miss by 5+ or a crit failure will result in a heart attack death.

How awesome is that? Technically, it isn't a lethal weapon in the sense that it will kill, but the knowledge that one could die of a heart attack regardless of how much armor one is wearing has to be a sobering thought.
hal is offline   Reply With Quote