View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 07:02 PM   #40
SionEwig

Default Re: Folkloric Association of Various Fruits, Nuts and Seeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
For the purposes of Herb Lore (and maybe Alchemy), can anyone tell me what fruit, nuts and seeds one would find along the Gulf Coast and where one might expect to find them (i.e. in Louisiana wetlands, Texas coastal prairie, Florida orchards or somewhere else)?
For this you're looking at something possibly approaching book length. Especially considering both the commercially grown items and those not but still out there. Also a lot of imports including some that have gone wild so to speak and are well acclimatized. Give me some time to look in some of my tree books and I'll give you some with information.

Quote:
Also, any information that people can recall about the folkloric associations of flora in the Gulf Coast states would be great. By that, I mean what kind of Herb Lore or Alchemical Elixirs such fruits, nuts or seeds could be used in, what decan, sephirah or zodiac sign they might correspond to and the like.
Tougher for me to find, but I'll look around. Hopefully someone else will be able to help more with this.
SionEwig is offline   Reply With Quote