View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 05:26 AM   #4265
awesomenessofme1

Default Re: New Reality Seeds

Here's an idea I had based on a game of Darkest Hour I played a while ago.

Chiang, 1940

Current Affairs: The war in Europe is in full swing as Japan struggles to subdue a strengthened China.

Divergence Point: 1935: The Long March undertaken by the Chinese Communists ends with the Communist forces being obliterated.

Worldine Data:
TL: 6/7 (borderline)
Quantum: 6
Centrum Zone: Orange
Mana Level: no mana
Infinity Class: P9

Though it did not remove the Communists as a group or as a threat, the failure of the Long March removed a significant portion of the party's present and future leadership, as well as dealing a morale and organizational blow. This allowed Chiang Kai-shek and the KMT breathing room to consolidate power and build up strength for an inevitable conflict with Japan. By the time the Japanese invasion began in 1937, the KMT and its allies had enough military strength to put up a strong defensive effort. They were still pushed back in many areas, but by the current day of March 1940, the bulk of China is still in their hands.

In the rest of the world, Chiang is still a close parallel. Some events in the leadup to WW2 happened a few days differently, but largely, things are the same as they were in Homeline's 1940. The most significant difference is the relationship between Germany and Japan, which is much cooler than historically. They are not hostile to each other in any way, but they are not friendly and it seems unlikely that Japan will be involved in the Axis. It is unknown whether this is a direct result of the events in China.

Outworld Operations

It does not seem that Chiang has been discovered yet by Centrum, or if it has, they are being uncharacteristically subtle. Few changes have been observed outside of China, and the ones in China don't seem to fit the Centrum M.O..

Infinity's operations on Chiang are limited. Near-parallels set during WW2 are dime-a-dozen. Their primary mission there is just to keep an eye out for any Centrum involvement and keep track of the very small amount of Homeline trade and tourism.

Apart from China, no Homeline nation cares much about Chiang, and even China doesn't do much about it.

Any feedback, advice, or questions would be welcome. I'm not too sure about the overall plausibility, because I had to make many changes to make it plausible. (In the actual game, I rolled up Japan in a year, and that would be ridiculous in real life. It is only a game, after all.)
awesomenessofme1 is offline   Reply With Quote