View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 06:09 PM   #5
DataPacRat

Default Re: Brainstorming: The anti-ROBbery squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I said pataphysical, not paraphysical.
If you're going to ding me for not immediately recognizing the term as not being a misspelling, then I feel I can ding you for not including the initial apostrophe. (ahem) Moving on...

Quote:
You are fighting a meta-entity that seems like a pretty transparent GM insert into the world of the story. You need to be able to confront him directly, like Animal Man confronting Grant Morrison, and to do that you need your characters to be able to break the 4th wall themselves.
Well, that might be one way to resolve everything, but I was thinking on a different approach. More along the lines of taking the Entities from Worm, giving (most of) them human-ish brains, and having more than just one active one. Sort of a similar approach to that one video game where every monster you fought was a boss-monster, just with a further dose of massive OPness. Or, continuing the Worm metaphor, "What if things escalated even /further/ beyond Golden Morning?". All dealable in-multiverse, with a sufficiently clever and resourceful collection of humanity working on the problem, and a certain amount of luck.

If you disagree, then I'd appreciate any advice on how to nudge matters so that the setting falls into the range of "ridiculously OPed but non-'pataphysical".
"Then again, maybe I'm wrong."
DataPacRat is offline   Reply With Quote