View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 09:16 PM   #16
Piratecat

Default Re: Some help with Timewatch's Free RPG day Font of Knowledge

(Written on my phone, so there is bound to be typos.)

Question: did you have boosters disappear as people spend their general points? If so, that shouldn't be the case. If you think about rank versus pool, your rank is the size of a bucket. And your pool is how much water is in the bucket. Boosters are based on the rank. Sure, you are going to spend general points (and then get them back by spending stitches) but your capabilities should not drop.

Tinkering versus Hacking: Tinkering is your general " Holy crap I can go do cool technical stuff" ability. If you have a point in Hacking, you automatically get any computer–related clues, but you can't (for example) clean out someone's bank account. That isn't clue related, it's just awesome, so (assuming you had one or more points of Hacking) you would need to make a tinkering test to do so. Think of hacking as the prerequisite to doing a lot of cool non-clue-related computer stuff.

Chronal Stability loss interests me. People are so scared about fading, but reality anchor restores two points of CS loss for every point spent. It's really hard to die from chronal stability loss, but people get nervous. I think that's a feature, not a bug.
Piratecat is offline   Reply With Quote