View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 02:48 PM   #14
Piratecat

Default Re: Some help with Timewatch's Free RPG day Font of Knowledge

Comments!

- A briefing officer is fungible. Use anyone you like, or no one at all.

- No problem if no one equips with guns; that's exactly what Preparedness is for. Need a gun? roll Preparedness, have a gun.

How did they end up disguising Rogo?

- Great opening. I really like it.

- I (and the game) handwave Timecraft spends and Chronal Stability tests after the adventure is concluded, unless it's relevant for an ongoing series. The number of points of Timecraft needed to slip into parallel histories varies by the needs of the game, and is gated by the GM.

In this case I'd ask myself: is the game more fun if lots of agents are pulled into a parallel timeline? Does anything happen to them when that timeline collapses? Is that actually the AI's plan so it can do something awful while they're gone? Does that many people time traveling to the same place at once screw up space and time enough that the cost to travel in rises steadily, trapping agents on the other side?

And the truth, of course, is that bringing in reinforcements is a completely valid choice that probably diminishes an Agent's reputation, and which can save the day, so the question is "is this fun?" If that's the most fun choice, I think it's valid.

Where did your rules confusion show up?
Piratecat is offline   Reply With Quote