View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 05:21 PM   #91
cindi

Default Re: GURPS Forum Abbreviations: help the newbies?

"Yes, they are- GURPS Traveller: Humaniti p.30. FYI in another thread I brought up the fact that when they were first mentioned, I think in Supplement 3:The Spinward Marches , the implication was that their high TL was due to their own merits. Now it seems to have become widely held as canon that the high TL is due to pockets of sparse, aging ancient artifacts. I don't know that I like that, I always thought of the Darrians as the Vulcans of Traveller, one of my first PCs was a Darrian character, Solanada, who, admittedly, was kind of a Spock clone (hey, in my defense I was 12 when I created him, and I was smitten with Mr Spock). IMTU they held rationality and reason above emotion, and had disciplines by which the mind could be strengthened and emotion purged, like the Vulcans. I'm thinking of bringing Solanada back in my current Kinunir/Twilight's Peak/RSG trilogy campaign as an NPC that gives technical/scientific advice to the PCs. Nothing wrong with a cliche in a game- a cliche can be a GMs best friend. What'd ya'll think?"
cindi is offline   Reply With Quote