View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 12:22 PM   #235
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Re: Comment my megacorporation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonsua View Post
Sorry but thats not what we agreed upon a few posts ago, and these technologies are not superscience according to GURPS as far as I know it.
The only person who agreed on this was you.

Quote:
Memetics has been discussed here and conclussions are pretty clear.
No conclusions were really reached, and since this is a thread about Transhuman Space, a setting on which Memetics are specifically over-the-top, it has about as much clout as a discussion about mind-control psionics in a realistic setting.

Quote:
Does anyone come up with a good name for the political party?
The Mary-Sue Party.

Quote:
Now thats unrealistic since it is unconstitutional. The most they can be asked for are signatures from supporters of the party to reach a certain amount, they could not block them just saying "bwaaah but we dont like them!"
That's the opposite of unrealistic as it's been the reality for 150 years.

Quote:
As we previously agreed, I have written the following for the appointment of judges favorable to We Can in the Supreme Court (The names of the characters could change):
Again, we never agreed. You're just making assertions and assuming everyone is going to agree with you.

Quote:
In this case it seems that a good surprise coup supported by a great campaign of memes with a well-prepared political force thanks to the support of revolutionary technologies has been enough to do it in less than a decade.

By 2018 they control:

• Presidency.
• Vice presidency.
• House of Representatives 418/435.
• Senate 85/100.
• Supreme Court 5/9.

You could basically say that they have assumed control of the United States of America.
So, In 2018 a miracle happens. One which is unrealistic, because if it were realistic it would have happened in the real world already.

Quote:
No thanks. Gadgeteer is forbidden.
So, none of your advanced technology exists.

Quote:
No, no, you can also raise their personal TL.
But only for that gadgeteer. As Bill just explained (as I was typing this), if they want to mass-produce anything they either need to raise the entire TL of the society, or have gadgetter.