Thread: New Skills
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 01:24 AM   #137
Jim Kane
Banned

Default Re: New Skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
Well, I believe there IS a certain skill set associated with torture; especially in the medieval world where things had to be done mechanically (instead of with drugs or electricity or whatever), but I just think it's a can of worms that SJG probably shouldn't get involved in.

I mean if a given GM wants to go down that particular path, it wouldn't be too hard to create a talent for that skill set; but speaking only for myself, I wouldn't do it. If a victim of torture were important to my story, I'd describe the victim, not the torture (though, of course, YMMV).
Could a substitute label for the talent of: INTERROGATION, work the same way, *and* side-step all the delicate issues related to TORTURE?

... perhaps with a line of copy stating: "... specifics of Methods and Techniques of Interrogation being left to player and GM ingenuity and taste.".

And what would we balance that talent out with to determine how well a character can hold-up under and resist Torture... I mean *nondescript INTERROGATION techniques*?

IIRC, I think TSR's TOP SECRET RPG *may* have dealt with this issue the same way... not sure.

JK

Last edited by Jim Kane; 07-12-2018 at 01:27 AM. Reason: typo
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote