View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
DarkForce

Default Re: OOC: The Infinite, Interest and Q&A; possible offical OOC

Quote:
If/and statments. Choose what your going to do and stick with it. If you post a "if This happens I do this, or If it dosen't I do this," I will ask you to edit it and make up your mind.

This is silly. Suppose I'm an asteroid field for enemy fighters. I might want to say "If I detect enemy fighters, I'll warn the captain, if detect nothing other than asteroids I'll rescan." I've made up my mind. I you ask me to edit it, I'll just delete the if statements. Then if I detect nothing/enemy fighters post " I'll warn the captain" or "I'll rescan". Nothing changes except now we make an extra post each.

Quote:

Players start at 400 CP. Try to make your characters with good advantages that would define your type of player. A Slicer would have lots of advantages that define a hacker as well as the skills back it up. There are no templates so really try to define and chisel out your character.

There is a -50 cp disadvantage limit.

At least 100 Points must be spent in skills. You will be using these skills and will be required to face the out comes of them. While I won't make you use skills to walk and breath, you will need skills to do things like shoot, pilot, slice(star wars hacking), be a doctor, ETC. If fail rolls you fail rolls. The consequences will come and the group need to deal with them.

These restrictions seem... odd. If I spend 200 points in IQ, requiring 100 points spent among skills will just make a Omni-competent hacker, engineer, doctor, mechanic, leader, poet, musician, etc. I could have one area that is extremely good, but at that point we are looking at a skill of 30ish. Which is... weird.

So to answer you If/Then comment:

It is not silly to ask my players to make choices, stick with them, be direct with their actions, and face the consequences of them. That is role playing. Do the If/then in your head and make a choice based on it and face the outcome.

This is to help players also get better at writing. Describe what your doing, thinking and feeling, do not just say one liner posts, that helps no one.

As per the Skills: No one in the Rpol.con game had any problems making their characters diverse and strong at the same time. You also have to remember you have to have hte skills to function, like driving a speeder, languages, computer operations, bartering things like that. It is not hard to spend 100 points in skills to survive in a war torn galaxy, if you find it hard, your not thinking hard enough about what you need to survive in the star wars universe.

You still have got to remember there is ships to buy if you have never bought a ship, that is safe to assume you have stayed on one planet for a length of time which means current events and area knodwledge of said planet... There is a lot of things people skip over and you do not get to in this game.

Last edited by DarkForce; 03-06-2013 at 01:22 PM.
DarkForce is offline   Reply With Quote