View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 09:49 PM   #9
Drakyrias

Default Re: Marvel-DC World Building Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
With the Hulk evidently existing based on that tabloid story, not really... I am left with no idea as to power level, just that people with high ones haven't really gone public. If you hadn't said you weren't using Superman, it would be entirely possible that he was going around pre-costume saving people in between blue collar jobs ala the beginning of Man of Steel, allowing for characters that can lift entire oil rigs.
Part of the reason I'm not using Superman is a general dislike of the entire character, not just his power level.

As far as power level, Magneto and Charles Xavier are both existent entities. My players themselves are under 200pts but the world itself does not need to obey such rules. In trying to build even a year 1 batman I exceeded well over 600. The tabloid article of 'werewolf vs green giant' is posted right next to the ones about elvis sightings and alien abductions, so no body actually takes them seriously in the general public (good reference: MiB 1 movie: Aliens stole my husbands skin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
So have Dr. Richards and his crew gone on their ill-fated flight yet? They may not go public with their powers, though it'd be hard to keep Ben Grimm out of the spotlight.

If we assume that the Avengers and Justice League haven't formed yet, how are you treating some very public WWII appearances by the All-Star Squadron and Invaders? Most notably, the (android) Human Torch being a member of the NYPD pre-War and Namor's initial rampages?

Also, is the Xavier Institute for Gifted Youngsters a thing in this take on the setting? How large is their enrollment: five students or several dozen?
As far as the setting itself though its very much closer to the real world mid-90s pre introduction of supers.

Xavier's school has the 5 core students and has begun recruiting the second class. No Avengers or J.L. Which since its a combination universe we can assume only one of them would form.

I like Aquaman so also not sure how Namor/Aquaman should work out since they are almost identically the same character.

I'm probably not going to include the All Star Squadron (to be honest hadn't heard of them till you mentioned them and upon reading up on them I'm trying to downplay older heroes/teams).
Drakyrias is offline   Reply With Quote