View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 09:14 AM   #8
TJA

Default Re: [Martial Arts] Things I would like to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineDaysDead
Supers and martial arts:
E.g. when does it become impossible to parry an attack?

A Super-normal martial artist is being hit with an untrained punch, unfortunately for him the punch is from Tank boy. Tank boy’s fist is moving at 7 times the speed of sound with enough force to shatter steel, how can Super-normal hope to get his arm there fast enough? And if he does, shouldn’t that just mean he loses his arm before getting hit?

Actually this would have wider uses than just supers: Can my martial artist parry that rock somebody threw at him? What if it’s a big rock? What if it’s a boulder that’s twice the size he is? What if it’s the size of a small cannon ball? What if it’s the size of a small cannon ball and going really fast? What if it is a small cannon ball? A large cannon ball?

At some point an attack is too fast to parry, what is that point? Shouldn’t there be penalties before you reach that point.

At some point an attack is too strong to parry, what is that point? Shouldn’t there be penalties before you reach that point.

Dodging bullets:
How many levels of Speed, Enhanced Time Sense and Altered time rate do I need to dodge bullets like Neo?
I realy like that questions and would like to get offical explanations and rules for this situations :)
To agree to something here :P
TJA is offline   Reply With Quote