View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 07:38 AM   #9
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Default Re: my new campaign ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
The key to this is that I would not be running it as a World of Darkness campaign. There would be no Traditions, no Technocracy, and no Ascension War. I picked Sorcerer for it because I thought its low-key magic system was kind of interesting, and adaptable to a non-WoD setting. (I've done this sort of thing before; I used Amber Diceless to run a campaign set in E.R. Eddison's Renaissance high fantasy world Zimiamvia.)
Ah. I took it in the context of discussing the possible outcomes of the Ascension war, as it usually is when such a scenario is mentioned next to Sorcerer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
The one local player who's returned a questionnaire has said that the Mage campaign is his top choice, but he would really prefer to play in GURPS: Mage the Ascension. I don't quite get that; I really like the OWoD system a lot, and I was very happy with running my one Mage campaign in it.
The Storyteller system has many issues that range from 'a matter of very polarized preference' all the way to 'game engine design positively messed up and not thought through'.