View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 04:55 PM   #49
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: Highest strength of TL10 human?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
It seems like it would be a more reasonable approach to decide that the extra effort rules are cinematic (which by the way is no more of a house rule than contradicting what the Basic Set says about realistic ST levels).
I agree that they are quite cinematic if only to allow the apocryphal little old lady lifting a car to save a child.
But controlled settings with carefully manufactured gear isn't what gaming stats are designed to deal with. It's why Gurps has the +4 to non-combat skill use for the most part.
Gurps also allows these max feats all day as opposed to once then wrecked needing to rest for days.
Realistically, I suppose some increase in stats make sense but only if we employ harsh Last Gasp rules to avoid superhuman repetition of such extremes. Maybe even Ht based Lifting or suffer injury.

I always thought real Lifting skill was mostly how to avoid injury than somehow magically making someone stronger.