View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 07:41 AM   #281
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
That leads me to think that +3 or +5 to dodge such a non-attacking accidental collision might be appropriate: 1 step worse than normal max, 1 step better than cinematic max.
That could work, if you desire. shall we use +3?

Quote:
Weirdly, the "taking more than once second to telegraph" sounds a LOT like Springing Attack in MA, yet I don't think there's a bonus to defend against that... I guess maybe crouched legs tells you an attack is coming, but not necessarily from which limb or at which target like a wound-up fist does.
Springing attack is cinematic, isn't it? A lot of cinematic techniques are cinematic because realistically they're easy to defend against, even if the look cool. And it feels like you're winding up for the sake of power more than for the sake of hitting very accurately?

Quote:
I guess when thinking of that... merely stepping forward would not be that telegraphed at all... knowing someone is moving forward doesn't mean you know they just plan to barrel through you rather than attack you or try to evade you...
I would not count merely stepping into their hex as an attack. That's a step into close combat. As for taking the next step... that doesn't feel practical at all either, especially in close combat. As a GM I'd nix that without an evade. The other guy is in the way, and you don't have the momentum to walk through him.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote