Thread: TFT Map Maker
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 11:14 AM   #176
Shadekeep

Default Re: TFT Map Maker

Thanks for the link and the further suggestions! The D&D doors might be a little tricky at first, because they actually overlap two hexes, and each hex is discretely rendered in my code. I would need to handle overlap cases in a special routine so that they don't get trashed in the individual hex draws.

On a more positive note, I've made some progress with changing the "grain" of the hexes from vertical to horizontal. I just need to update some of the symbol drawing code, as they were written with the assumption the grain would always be one way. Hopefully fixing them will actually make the code better as well.

Another improvement I've added and which will be in the next release is that the cursor now shows exactly what the hex will look like when painted with the current tool. The way it is now, the tool is merely drawn on top of the hex contents. In the new version the tool will appear at the correct layer. So if you are drawing on the Base layer, all the other layers will show on top of the tool. This should give designers a better idea of how the resulting change will look.
Shadekeep is offline   Reply With Quote