Thread: TFT Map Maker
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 07:38 AM   #174
Shadekeep

Default Re: TFT Map Maker

Thanks for the feedback, and glad that the program is proving useful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David L Pulver View Post
- a door that a bit more distinct than a flat line (which sometimes disappears into background if printing the map black and white), e.g., a door that was more of a slight rectangle shape like classic D&D map doors

- a spiral staircase feature (usable for megahex-scale maps where it should fit in a single megahex-style hex)
Do you have graphic examples of these you could share? That would give me a better idea of what a solution would look like. For the stairs I am currently manually bending the half-stair pieces into a circle. Would a tool that automatically renders this at once be useful? Or is it a different kind of symbolism you would recommend for that?

Quote:
- an option to flip the hexgrid so the pointy sides of the hex are at the top
I've considered that on and off, but it would require quite a bit of refactoring. That said, it's still a feature I'd like myself, so I probably will pick it up again and see if I can find an elegant way of implementing it without breaking too much else.

Quote:
However, I have recently noticed something funny happening with Annotations.
Ah, good catch! It looks in my last Git merge some of my annotation test code made it into production. Specifically, the part that rotates the canvas context. That's what is causing the weird graphic behaviour. I've ripped it out now and reposted it. If you are using the online version, you may have to shift-refresh your browser to pick up the new Javascript file. The standalone version has been updated with this fix too. Cheers!
Shadekeep is offline   Reply With Quote