Thread: TFT Map Maker
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 07:32 PM   #172
David L Pulver
AlienAbductee

Default Re: TFT Map Maker

This is a very impressive map program - thank you for developing it and sharing it!

I tried creating several maps over the last month and they went pretty smoothly. Good features, easy to use with a bit of practice.

The two major things I would like to see (unless it's already in there and I overlooked it):

- a door that a bit more distinct than a flat line (which sometimes disappears into background if printing the map black and white), e.g., a door that was more of a slight rectangle shape like classic D&D map doors

- a spiral staircase feature (usable for megahex-scale maps where it should fit in a single megahex-style hex)

- an option to flip the hexgrid so the pointy sides of the hex are at the top

However, I have recently noticed something funny happening with Annotations.

Specifically, while annotations worked a few weeks ago, now attempting to add text (either to an existing map or blank page) causes the map grid to split in half diagonally or otherwise fragment; adding annotations to a complex map completely disrupts the map - it sort of breaks up into junk.

I've tried this on both my firefox and chrome browsers and with both new and existing maps and the problem is the same.