View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 06:04 AM   #10
Bruno

Default Re: [SE] Sanitized Metabolism: how useful is +1 in in 'close confines', like 'elevato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Only as long as you never get within 1 foot of said woman. I say this even after I lost my super sense of smell.
You can stick your nose right in the shaved armpit of someone who's well washed and wearing airy, clean clothing in a cool environment, and it's not going to smell any more or less than their forearm is. Get rid of the clothing (which traps sweat) and it's doubly so.
Make them a vegan instead of a meat eater, and the effect is even easier to achieve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Has anyone ever created its opposite? I think we all know or are ones that render bathrooms HazMat superfund sites, or need two or more showers on days of major exercise.
Bad Smell is a canonical -10 point disad good for -2 reaction penalties just about all the time, but for humans I think that level of reaction penalty is either one of those unfortunate genetic problems that make you smell like fish oil because of protein mutations, a work-related "injury" from working with substances with lots of mercaptans in them, or a level of poor hygiene just as well represented as an OPH.

A problem that's more periodic (terribly foul farts but not terribly frequent farts) could probably be tinkered together from Bad Smell and the Frequency of Appearance rules for reputation.

Last edited by Bruno; 12-19-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote