Thread: Lilin
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 01:33 PM   #3
b-dog

Default Re: Lilin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Leviathan View Post
My advice is to build that monster differently. I'm sure you're engaged with the idea of it but it's a derivative of a succubi/harpy and it's a monster type that doesn't work as well with Dungeon Fantasy.

Your player encounters the Lilin in a baby's nursery and approaches it to defend the helpless child. The lilin lures the adventurer into her arms with a critical success in Sex Appeal. Your player looks at you and says "Ok, appealing, but it has claw feet and was about to eat a baby. I mean I'm surely turned on but not convinced this is a legitimate interest in me sexually. I'm going to attack it with my axe.

Give your baby-eating nightmare demon an illusory disguise to hide how hideous and baby-messy it is. Make it only affect one person so when your adventurer's friend comes bursting in and sees her buddy about to be foot-rended she can shout "She doesn't love you for you!".

Make the Lilen baby-eater disgusting looking. Give her the power to silence things in an AOE, so there's no sound of a bay crying or someone bashing in the window shutters and knocking over furniture. You just walk by the baby's room and see a monster about to swallow the baby and as you scream for help you can't hear your voice.

If you really want to foot-rend someone, it would be a close-combat or 1 hex attack doing kick damage modified by the damage for talon claws. Maybe give it a +1 to grapples because that's what talons are supposed to do. If you're bumping uglies I'd say you can't hit above the waist without an impressive feat.
I meant that it has an Infernal Sex Appeal which means if it succeeds it clouds the minds of those with souls and then in the mind of those deceived the lilin is a beautiful man or woman. Those PCs with Protection from Evil Powers with be able to resist this Infernal power more easily.

And they are not always in baby’s rooms but they enjoy eating them. They will happily devour PCs lost in the desert too. But their motivation is that they are ravenously hungry and hate filled and want to kill and devour babies because of their curse.

I want them to be a little different than the succubis and more powerful and demonic than the harpy.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote