View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 07:30 PM   #66
(E)

Default Re: DF Monsters: A Wizard did It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Monsters made of innards always remind me of Humbaba from Gilgamesh who according to one text has a face like coiled entrails. Somehow, until I just looked it up, I thought his entire body was that.

How would you give this, essentially skeleton with skin, unique descriptions other than in manner of movement?
I pictured a skull with no eye sockets at all just a smooth curve of bone. The mouth then becomes something to focus on. Maybe a tongue that comes into play when it's grappling to up the ick factor.

I pictured this one quite plain in appearance, the movement was the big thing, I will have to have a bit of a think about a straight visual description.

I sometimes use the less is more approach when GMing, let the player fill in the details in their own head. This one was a bit like that. How does your imagination fill in the gaps? (Answering a question with a question I know)

Aside
Thinking about grappling you could always add more arms (or other grappling appendages)

Edit
Thought about it and I would thinking playing on the idea of "subtly wrong" might work.
"The wrist seems to have too many bones" or "the rib cage is sitting too far back"

Last edited by (E); 09-25-2016 at 08:25 PM.
(E) is offline   Reply With Quote