View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 04:35 PM   #337
Refplace

Default Re: The 2019 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread

Initial thoughts (I'll do a review after I have slept on it) for Alternate Attributes.
The first part of the book is not readily useful to most games but a great review, under the hood analysis, and history behind the pricing of things.

The second part of the book, starting somewhere in Chapter 2 works on ideas for advantages to attributes and separating attributes in ways that can change a game. This include Wealth as an attribute which reflects a Pyramid article and could be used with that, Charisma as an attribute and some ramifications I initially like, Magic as an attribute (similar to The Fifth Attribute article in Pyramid) with some other ideas.

Dividing up attributes has some useful ideas as well. I'll likely add Stun Points to my Supers campaign for example.
Finally the Fallout chapter also has uses for assigning new Talents.

Overall this is a good book if you like to tinker, but a heavy lift if thats not your thing.
If I write any more GURPS books I can see applying some of this material to certain ideas, perhaps in a better way than I had originally come up with.
Though they would probably be boxes for optional rules or new advantages.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries