View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 09:39 PM   #1192
Tom H.

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

On another note, and also in rknop's post, I've been wanting to comment on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
. . .
* Regardless of whether you like the aesthetics of the art, we took pride in avoiding things like making all the characters either white men or women in mail bikinis. We also tried to depict plausible weapons and armor, and match creature art to creature descriptions. All of which meant a lot of back-and-forth over art long after the text was a done deal.
I really appreciate the differences.

Ironically, in departing from some stereotypes, I commend the return to the use of more traditional styles of plate armor on many characters. Maybe it was vogue, but the way some editions of D&D tried to eschew the traditional paladin was a stretch to me.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm still a sucker for a beautiful woman, and there's plenty more room in GURPS and DFRPG for one. It definitely doesn't have to be exploitive. I just love the female elf delver on pg. 10 of the Dungeon Fantasy companion Magic Items even though it's relegated to just black and white print.

Surprisingly, I haven't seen much feedback, but Brandon Moore definitely deserves credit for bringing a new style and quality to DFRPG and other products. Forums don't always highlight things that are easy to take for granted.

Many times I considered starting a thread to discuss our favorite pieces of art in the DFRPG, but never quite got around to it.
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote