View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 08:21 AM   #1
OdeToSpot

Default Asking for Help / If you cannot win combat on your own

Hello -

First of all, I think the instructions that came with my Munchkin Deluxe set are written pretty well. I enjoy the fact that they aren't so "procedural," and offer some good humor throughout. I could easily enjoy the game with the included instructions, using my own interpretation where necessary. But, I think it is really cool when a designer cares enough about his game, that he is willing to offer official answers to questions any of his fans may have. Keep up the great work!

My question:

The asking for help rules say "If you cannot win a combat on your own..."

Let's say I'm a warrior with an effective combat level of 10 (ie, Level + my equipped weapons). But, I also have several other one-shot items that could potentially provide combat bonus in play (turned sideways).

I kick in the door and get a level 13 monster. Now, if I add in my one-shot items that are in play, I could easily beat the monster. Or, I could use my warrior ability to discard any three cards for +3 and defeat the monster.

So, being that my effective combat level is less than the monster's, I assume that means "I cannot beat the monster on my own," and so I can ask for help, even though my potential level, based on my visible cards in play and class ability, could be greater. Is this a correct interpretation of the "asking for help" rules?

And further, if my effective combat level IS greater than the monster's, can I legally throw in one of my own one-shot items to benefit the monster, allowing me to ask for help? (The best reason I can think of to do this would be to ensure victory for my Elfish wife so I don't have to sleep in the dog house...).

Keep up the great work on the forum!
OdeToSpot is offline   Reply With Quote