View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 12:43 AM   #4
trooper6

Default Re: Multiple Campaigns leading into one Large Campaign

I have played in Janyce Engan's "Stars Are Right" Call of Cthulhu campaign. That campaign began in 1981 and is still running today. I played from 1988 to 1990, then again from 1997 to 2001. (The Army and Grad School and moving and all that keeps me away).

Anyhow. While I was in the game, there were...20 something players. Those players were divided up into smaller groups about 5. Jan would run 7 days a month. Usually every Saturday and 3 Sundays a month. Our group would sign up for one of those days on the master calendar. So each group got to play about once every 3-4 weeks.

We'd play. We'd keep really good notes about where were were on any given day. There was a master in game calendar (it helped a lot that the game was set in the 1920s when travel was slow and international communication was not instantaneous). We were all in the same universe. And we were all in the same campaign. And sometimes characters switched from one group to another. My second character stared off in the "Hollywood Group" but ended up in the "Islanders Group." Once a year game time, on New Years Eve, all the players would dress up in period clothing, go to a period hotel, and have a banquet where we would LARP out making our plans for the coming year...now not all the sub-groups were exactly allied. The Junior G-Men didn't exactly trust the Islanders, for example. But we all we trying to stop the Things Man was Not Meant to Know from entering our dimension.

Anyway, it was a marvel! And if I were still in California I'd still be playing in that campaign!
trooper6 is offline   Reply With Quote