View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 10:42 PM   #1
Ordo_Lyrae

Default 1e AD&D MM inspired "Evil Humanoids"

For my conversion of Keep on the Borderlands I created my own "Evil Humanoid" stat blocks inspired by bits of the descriptions in the 1e AD&D MM. I apologize for not formatting the stat blocks properly, but after all the time I spent on them I didn't feel up to spending another couple of hours formatting 31(!) monster stat blocks.

Some general notes: Equipment choices and the accompanying weapon skills choices were based on what is WYSIWIG for the miniatures I own, almost all of which are from Reaper's Bones line. Stats were roughly based on the equivalent monsters in DFRPG. Disadvantage traits were chosen based on the descriptions in the MM. They have Teeth (Sharp) even though it doesn't appear in DFRPG, mostly to remind me to calculate Bite damage correctly. Goblinic armor is the poor quality stuff these creatures wear, the types made from metal can be sold for scrap (the types made from leather are soiled with excrement and worth nothing), I calculated the value by dividing the cost of the armor by two and then dividing by six and taking that number and giving it "$1dx" multiplier. This makes the maximum possible value half of the cost of the armor. I would recommend calculating this value after they lug it back to town and try to sell it to the local smith for scrap (that's how I will be doing it, but you do you). All the stat blocks were given Brawling at DX+2 so they all have their brawling damage calculated at +1 damage per die.

Please, as always, feel free to tweak, mod, change whatever you like. I am posting these in the hope that people find them interesting/useful and might save someone some time. Enjoy.

Last edited by Ordo_Lyrae; 12-31-2018 at 01:00 AM.
Ordo_Lyrae is offline   Reply With Quote