Thread: Spell Errata?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 02:53 PM   #5
Axly Suregrip

Default Re: Spell Errata?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
Weapon/Armor Enchantment (but not Staff) is subject to Remove Thrown Spell, but I wouldn't consider this to a useful tactical option.

Control gate needs the Creation Spell range restriction because otherwise you get two different range rules for stabilize gate. If asked tell the players they are "creating" a new rule set for the gate.

My question is what would happen if you cast Remove Thrown Spell on Duplicate or Delete Writing targets?
I agree with you with everything above except Remove Thrown Spell effect on Delete Writing. There are several destructive thrown spells that do their affect and then leave no active magic in place to be removed. These would include: Delete Writing, Cleansing, Death Spell, Destroy Creation, Break Weapon, Drop Weapon, Cleanse Poison, Open Tunnel... These are off the top of my head, so it may be more.

Maybe the whole point of weapon/armor enchantment spell being of thrown type is so they can be easily destroyed. If so, it seems unfair. It takes a powerful mage weeks to create an item only to have a beginning mage undo all that work with one quick spell.
Axly Suregrip is offline   Reply With Quote